Thursday, February 16, 2012

The day after LOVE...

Today was still LOVE week. We focused on liking/loving ourselves. We read, we played, we experimented, and we had a great time doing it!
Today we:
~worked on forming the letter Pp
~played at centers
~worked on memorizing the Pledge of Allegiance
~discussed our calendar
~read a sweet book, "I Like Myself!" by
~came to the table for an experiment of glue, water, food coloring, and tissue paper... some opted out of wax paper and chose regular white paper. We painted, and 'tissued' and painted and 'tissued'! It was enjoyable. The children truly experimented to find what would work for them and what they liked to do. It was really about the process (not so much the sticky, sticky outcome).
**They are taking a dang long time to dry - should we all transplant to San Diego for the winter? I'm considering!)
~we also enjoyed a rousing round of show n tell (often the children's favorite)

Oh, the excitement!

PS... thank you for being so patient with me! This pneumonia had me doubled over for a while but I'm back now! I really appreciate how patient you've been with me (and this blog... and when I just couldn't get to something). You guys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment