Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blog?? What Blog?

Seriously! I can't believe myself sometimes. What makes me so mad is that I feel like you may have missed out on some fun discussions with your children about space, or winter, or something that they thought was funny. Dang! I am sorry.
So here is what we did today:
~small motor: sorting fruit loops/cheerios into 7 groups by color
~centers: they played with shape bean bags for much of centers (until Peyton, Chloe, and Taryn ventured over to the tool table and constructed some toys)
~we are learning The Pledge of Allegiance during circle time
~we discussed what it means to be a good friend
~we read "My Friend Bear" by Jez Alborough (one of my favorites!)
~we made friendship necklaces where we each took a color of fruit loop and passed it out to each student therefore having all sorts of "colors" or friends to enjoy
~we played outside: after free play we enjoyed a game called "What Time is it My Dear Friend". Ask your child for directions - let's see their memory recall ** This might have been a favorite moment of the day for all**
~we learned about the letter Pp
~we played Beginning Sound Bean Bag Toss to finish off the day.

Looking Forward:
*Thursday - bring a food item to share in our Friendship Trail Mix
*Tuesday - Valentine's Day Party - bring valentines to share
**Happy Valentines Birthday to Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment