Thursday, December 15, 2011

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

I am so glad that you all said YES to extend the hours. A note will be sent home on Tuesday about new times (because if you're anything like me you KNOW you will remember and then 5 minutes later you're wondering what you were SUPPOSE to remember). So... note home, it is!

Today we were busy; we:
- worked on a counting book
- played/worked in centers
- began work on Tanegrams (putting shape blocks together to create something)
- read Moostletoe
- made gingerbread houses
- enjoyed circle time (learning about patterns, review counting, etc)
- learned a new song to help us remember the days of the week. Here it is:
(To the tune/chorus of: 'Clementine' I think that's the name?? I'm pretty musically challenged but that doesn't EVER stop me from singing my heart out with our little ones)
Lyrics ( get ready... these are crazy tough!)
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

**Today we also started on our service project. (Originally I had planned to donate the blanket to a shelter, but thanks to my sweet husband, I had a different idea.) We'll be giving the blanket to Ida Mae, a GREAT-GRANDMA up the street who can't get out so much anymore and could use the kindness and a visit from our little ones. ** See NOTE below**. Anyway, we worked hard tying knots on the throw blanket for her.

PERMISSION REQUEST:
We will be walking up to IDA MAE's on Tuesday as part of our party (around 10 a.m.) to give her this gift (and return back to school around 10:45.
Do I have your permission to do that?
**Don't forget to have them dress warm for the walk**
***If it's terrible weather I will take it to her later, but I'm sure she'd much prefer to see some MUCH younger faces!

Thanks for a great day!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I'm sure the kids will make Ida Mae's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Permission granted. Cole is so excited!

    ReplyDelete