Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today was a great day!

Before I review our day, I want to explain a fun game to review names that you can play with your newly painted apple trees:
Place apples on (dried) painted apple tree (found in folder). These are the letters of each child's name. Place them randomly in the tree. Let the child "pick" the apple that comes first in their name... and so on. Play it as many times as they would like.
**An extension: make more apples by tracing and cutting one of the apples and work on last names (you may have to draw more black lines on the tree paper for this).

::Field Trip::
Oct 6th (Thursday)
A COUNTRY FARM
$3.50 per person {includes: hay ride, small pumpkin, witch craft and maze}
Please let me know ASAP who is coming from each family (also, if you're not planning to attend so I can get a car seat)
::more info to come::

Today we:
*made an apple puzzle to put together at home - and finish coloring if needed. (cutting skills are crucial in kindergarten and beyond, so we practice them a lot)
*played/worked in centers
*Sang our Apple Song (below)
*Drew a picture of our friend Cole
*Read "Johnny Appleseed"
*Painted our own apple trees with egg cartons
*Enjoyed Cole's favorite snack of Blueberry/Raspberry muffins and sliced peaches
*Played outside
Worked on forming the letter C correctly
*Had show-n-tell
*Played Pass the Apple (when all the children were in the center, we pretended to make applesauce with them!)
*Learned a good-bye song

PHEW! WHAT A DAY... WE ACCOMPLISHED A LOT!

Looking forward:
Kye is Star Student next week (then Liam, then Taryn)
We will study Colors
Field trip on Thursday

Apple Song (to I'm a little Teapot):
I'm a little apple, red and round.
High up in the tree is where I'm found.
When I'm ripe and ready, come pick me,
An apple orchard is where I'll be.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or suggestions.
Enjoy your day!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I'll be coming next Thursday. I can take 1 adult & 3 more kids if you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole will be coming but I think Korver and I will staying home as we want to go as a family too. Cole is so excited!!

    ReplyDelete