Thursday, November 17, 2011

Let me Explain...

That's never a good way to start a preschool post, right?!? No worries, nothing too crazy, just some messy hands that I need to explain:
Did you LOVE the hand turkey? I did, but it came at the cost of stamp ink on our little fingers (it will come off with a good washing... or two... or three). I debated between washable paint that would not look as good, or stamp ink that would not come off very well. After trying both, I had to go with what looked best and what would last - so... HAPPY SCRUBBING! I really want some of these preschool creations to last through the years so as mother's, you can look back on that TINY little hand-print and sit and let the memories of your once three/four-year-old come rushing back. I know for me, these hand-prints are PRECIOUS, so I hope you will forgive me when the bath-water turns "ink-color" and the scrubbing lasts a bit longer than usual. Our little ones are precious!

Today, we also:
-continued our learning of the letter Hh.
- worked on sound spelling words of things we're grateful for.
-had the choice of water coloring or marker coloring.
-practiced first and last names.
-worked hard in centers (today, on their own, the children all found "new" friends to play with).
-began learning our new sound song.
-played outside.
-read a wonderful story called, "I am Thankful Every Day!" by Steve Metzger.
- had a very special show-n-tell where Chloe was able to bring her sister Maclee to show! (Thank you Chloe's mom for the fun treat too.)

It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting Chloe bring Maclee. It sure has made her happy all day! Thanks so much for all you do!

    ReplyDelete